BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday 7 October 2020

Meet the Author of "The Lair & Like Father Like Son" J J Devine

John Devine aka J J Devine is a Author, karaoke singer and Facebook Live Presenter. He is the author of the suspense & thriller famous book "Like Father Like Son". Recently, he published another interesting book "The Lair". We had a great chance to conduct an interview with him, in which he talk about his books "The Lair" & "Like Father Like Son" and much more.. 

Check out the interview :


A couple of easy questions to begin with…First of, what inspires you to write?

That's some question I was inspired by J K Rowling just sitting in a coffee shop and then she had the biggest books in town and then an author who stays in Blantyre, not that far from me his writing name is Jack Mc Sporran and his books really took off so he then became my inspiration but to have people enjoy my books and maybe be on a tv show like a detective drama based on the books of J J Devine that is what I inspire to.


Tell us a little bit about yourself. Background, education, Writing skills..etc

Well I'm 44 I work in an office but I love having a go at karaoke and going live on Facebook lol just general high school education, I don't have much writing experience, I've written some poetry for friends and family and tried to be the next Bruce Springsteen at song writing but I was rubbish, I've written a sit com for my friend but I didn't do anything with it, it was just really to show myself that I could.


Are you an author that interacts a great deal with your readers?

I do interact with my readers on Facebook and Instagram. Once my first book was published I got my readers to take their books on holiday and said that there would be a prize of them being named as characters in the next book for the top three so it's become quite popular.




"THE LAIR" looks a interesting book. Can you tell us a bit about it?

The Lair is the prequel to Like Father Like Son in the first book Old Joe Houston was the Godfather of Blantyre in The Lair we see Joe growing up in old Blantyre and what he gets up to and what happens and how he became the Godfather of Blantyre.


What inspired you to write this book?

This book was just a book that could come out in a few years time as I had a character that is a detective from the first book that I wanted to bring some life to. I had even started writing it but my friends Marty and Julie insisted that because the first book was still fresh in people's minds then the prequel had to be done.


Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers?

Yes please buy my books hahaha I hope you enjoy everything that you read and fall into the small world within the pages.


How would you describe "THE LAIR" to someone who has not read any of your previous novels?

It's a fictional thriller with a gangster feel to it, which is set not far from Glasgow that happens in my home town but it could be your home town and you are the main character, not me.


Which part of "THE LAIR" is the most personally interesting to you?

The most interesting part of The Lair apart from it being set in Blantyre, where I stay, but the change in Joe, when he starts to become the Boss in waiting.


If you had a book club, what would it be reading — and why?

If I had a book club I would love for everyone to be reading the works of J J Devine Hahaha no seriously well I love crime thrillers but anything that someone brings to the club and says You have got to read this, I get like that with James Patterson to name but a few.


Are you a self-published author?

I am self published through Amazon. I think it's great how they take the little guy, namely me, and create a book, that's not to say publishers aren't the way to go or different platforms, I'm new to the writing world and this is how I do it.


At what stage did you decide to become an author?

It always comes with a bump with me, years and years ago I slipped and broke my left wrist, so I was off work, so I started writing a story, I got 8 chapters in and forgot about it. This time I had a bit of a breakdown and the doctor suggested writing my feelings and then I started writing the first draft of Like Father Like Son but I put it aside and did other things but I came back with a plan on characters and plots and BOOM the book was born.




What are your favourite books to give — and get — as gifts?

Well my favourite books now to give are my books lol of course I DON'T GIVE THEM AWAY lol 😂 it depends on the person, my mother loves Kimberly Chambers, so I would get her something like that, I like non fiction about where I stay or true crime or anything on Elvis lol but I love crime fictional, especially set in Glasgow, like Alex Gray.


Are you active on social media?

Am I active on social media, if you had me as a friend on Facebook you would probably block me with my Facebook live, I think I'm a presenter in every karaoke bar that I go to, I also use Facebook and Instagram and twitter to promote my books, they are amazing and the hashtag is so powerful.




Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Famous Books. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates